November 29, 2010

Buying Land

What a task....I have been looking for property for 5 long years, it has always been something. The land had floodplain, wrong location, etc.. Funding was not available or if it was it was for the wrong properties.  So I have these huge property folders where i have printed off my Favs.  I have paid off all our credit card debt and our vehicles, now we try again. I found a piece of land that has potential. We will now find out if it's possible to have our small and what may seem irrelevant dream to most which is to have a place for our rescued equine to call home and a place where we can still see the stars shine for our kids, before they are grown.  I have been on edge awaiting the results.  I don't have a plan B but I feel I can come up with other ideas rather quickly.  The toughest part really is the down payment. They want so much for land as opposed to buying the typical urban home and no incentives at all.  So I await the start  of my american dream.... 

1 comment:

  1. Great blog. We understand the difficulty in finding property, but we know you will find the perfect land for you! Have you checked with Bluegreen Communities. We have multiple locations for sale in Texas. Also, here is a research about our land for sale in Texas. We have an equestrian community called The Bridges at Preston Crossings - you should check it out!

    http://www.bluegreencommunities.com/land-in-texas/

    ReplyDelete