December 21, 2009

David's Dream

I have a file folder marked David's Dream.  It is tucked away in a special section in the file cabinet.  David is a friend that is handicapped and he is a miniature horse owner.  He would like to drive his mini(s).  That's the Dream! When I first met David this was his goal and not only does he have physical limitations but he also lives far out in the country.  I had always hoped to make it to his place on a regular basis and help train his horse, Ranger.  Although, my focus was turned to a cart as this would definitely be needed.  Time never slows down and here I am years later and David's Dream seemed no closer.  David even got another mini for Christmas last year.  This year I didn't  keep in touch with David like I want to, yet, he was always on the back of my mind.  Then a month ago his grandmother called and as I was talking to her suddenly I realized I knew where the perfect cart to modify was and it was for sale.  Funny how things can come together, just like clockwork!  (David likes Clocks, too!)

His family was even able to buy the cart at a lower price because the people selling it wanted to help also.  The cart has been getting it's makeover and will be ready for "fittings" soon.  I hope to help train his mini(s) this coming spring so David's Dream can be complete.  I have been so inspired by David that I may start helping others with their Equine Dreams as well. My daughter calls it Equine Wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment