March 1, 2010

Brandy

Well tonite we got a call from Down Under Horsemanship and they selected another horse, although Brandy is still on the back-up list.  I actually feel good about this because she must not be naughty enough for a Demo Horse.  I've been to Parelli and Clinton Anderson tours and think Clinton Anderson picks some really tough Demo horses.  The best trailer loading demonstration I've ever seen (and learned from) was at a Clinton Anderson tour and I've seen a 3+ hour trailer loading demonstration by Linda Parelli.   Not that that says alot because they are all my favorite trainers. 

I think I will take the money I would have spent on taking Brandy to the tour and invest it in some Clinton Anderson DVD's.  I already own about everything Parelli has done and last year I began following Down Under Horsemanship but have only purchased a couple of halters for Brandy and Dancer and an absolute must, an Aussie Tie Ring.  I still have a collection of John Lyons books I enjoy reading and drawing information from but I saw him do a demonstration once and unfortunately it put me to sleep, so I will stick to his books.

We will resume Brandy's training with the Down Under method and see how it goes.....it will give me something to blog about.

No comments:

Post a Comment