November 8, 2009

Horse Boots

There are so many types of boots on the market it's a lot to think about when you start searching.  I have some new polo wraps that were given to us a year ago and they are still in the package...every time I look up information on them I find the cons out weigh the pros of using them.  Maybe they would be better served as a table runner on the nick nack shelf. I have a mini that has always unloaded the trailer (2 horse bumper pull)backing out but as she has gotten older she now clips her back leg between the stifle and the hock on the inside of her leg.  I started researching shipping boots only to realize they don't come up as high on the back legs to the spot she is nicking.  My solution... to unload her forward.  I take the back 2 pins out of the center divider and swing it to the side enough for her to turn around.  Luckily she is a mini! It took her some getting used to but it has solved the problem.  Now I should consider splint boots for the impact when she exits the trailer?!

No comments:

Post a Comment