November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Thanksgiving was great...the food, the weather, and best of all I got to hitch a mini and drive somewhere different for a change.  We also too our mule and we each had a chance to ride as well.  John Henry the mule is a calm boy...unless you ask him to lope then you have a 50-50 chance he might buck. Henry likes to walk and trot.   That is fine with me though because the minis can be fast when we're pleasure driving and having fun! It's good to relax and have a slow ride.  There were alot of cars on the road, which is normally quiet, due to the holiday.  That actually cut our drive and rides short.  It was nice to return home and hear the horses nicker for supper.  Everyone in the herd got apples for a Thanksgiving treat.  I will be sad to see fall end as I like scarecrows and pumpkins.  Although, the gloomy weather leaves me looking forward to spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment